Monday, July 12, 2010

Crazy connections

I took some time off last week to relax and simply enjoy summer. I went down to my parents' home at the Jersey shore for a few days, went for walks, read good books, and got together with old and new friends - among whom was my very first fellow d-blogger meeting.

The d-blogger meeting happened kind of by chance. Here's the story: I re-connected with a friend of mine who I haven't seen in ten or fifteen years through Facebook this year. Okay, so far no biggie. All of us Facebookers have re-connected with long lost friends and acquaintances in the past year.

Well, this particular friend just so happens to also be friends with fellow d-blogger and Type 1 diabetic Kelly Kunik of Diabetesaliciousness™.

Okay, you may still be staying: Small world, crazy coincidence. Whatever.

But here's the wow factor: It turns out that Kelly and I grew up in the same, small town by the Jersey shore. We didn't know who the other was because we went to different schools.

And as Kelly said so eloquently at our meeting just this past Thursday night: It took a common friend (who by the way grew up in Philadelphia - not even our Jersey shore town) - and d-blogging - for two girls from the same home town to meet.

Kelly and I had a great time talking about diabetes and blogging, but we also talked about our other bond - our hometown. A great connection had been made.

You may still think that this is a coincidence, but I can't help but use this story as unscientific proof that there's a Universal master plan, a Universe that works in ways we'll never fully understand. But sometimes we're given a peak into the higher order of things through unexplainable events and opportunities - perfect timing, synchronicity, inspirations, intuition, and crazy coincidences - that let me know that I'm on the right track. That I'm contributing to my part of the plan. Because I can see the Universal connection clearly.

And most of all, these moments remind me that we're all connected - in more ways than one. We're interdependent on each other. And I'm as connected to my husband, parents, and friends, as I am to people I've never met in Asia, Africa, and Europe. Because we're all on this planet together, each contributing in our part to the Universal ebb and flow. Sometimes we aren't aware of it, or we don't see it, or choose not to believe it. But then when the time is right - and you're aware - you may just meet someone who has been within your radar all along, and you catch a glimpse into the unknown.

Take the time to pay attention to those crazy coincidences and synchronistic events. You never know where they might take you. You'll be thankful you did.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome meeting you in IRL Ophir! Things happen for a reason and there are no such thing as coincidences!
    We met when we were supposed to, and I for one couldn't be happier!
    HUGS!
    Kelly K

    I will be posting about our meet-up soon !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's wonderful! :) Such an awesome way to meet people that you may have passed on the street at some point...and never have known it. I fully believe that there is a greater plan. This is just evidence in full force.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how cool!!!! I'm glad the Universe saw fit to finally bring the two of you together. :)

    ReplyDelete