Monday, April 12, 2010

Changing habits with a detox: Part 2

I have always known that mind, body, and spirit are linked, but I never realized just how connected they really are until I did a detox this past week. Last week I wrote about my goals for doing the detox that I found in the March edition of Natural Health magazine. I wanted to change some habits: Stop snacking on unhealthy foods in the late afternoon and in front of the television after dinner.

Within the first few days of the detox, as my body began to clear itself of the toxins found in damaging foods, such as high fructose corn syrup, trans-fats, and all the other buzz words that nutritionists and fitness professionals talk about, I also found that I didn’t want to eat those foods either.

My mind became clearer as well. After a day or two, I suddenly realized that I wasn’t turning on the television first thing in the morning or checking e-mails every few hours. Actually, I didn’t check my e-mail even once all day yesterday! That’s miraculous for me! Without all of that television and e-mail, I had more time. I read more and had some personal revelations about who I am, my purpose became clearer, my blood sugars were simply fantastic, and I also found myself more present during the day. By Friday, after six days of detox, I suddenly realized that I hadn’t written one personal to-do list all week long! To-do lists have been one of the most consuming habits I have ever had. They have run my life, and I am thrilled that I didn’t write one all week. And I hadn’t even sought to change that habit!!!

I have finished the detox, and I can say that I rid myself of a lot of unhealthy habits. And although I have watched television, checked e-mail, and written a to-do list since, I have not eaten junk food, and I also believe I’m off lethal food additives like: high-fructose corn syrup and trans-fats. I also feel that I am still attuned to my purpose, and I plan to keep it that way!

The question is: Did I detoxify my life from unhealthy foods and habits because of what I ate? Or is it because I set an intention at the beginning of the week to change habits?

I believe it’s a combination of both.

Deepak Chopra wrote about the Law of Intention and Desire in the Seven Spiritual Laws of Success: “Inherent in every intention and desire is the mechanics for its fulfillment. And when we introduce an intention in our pure potentiality, we put this infinite organizing power to work for us”.

What this law is saying is that you can change your life for the better if you have the intention to do so, and the whole Universe will conspire to help you out. BUT, you have to also pay attention to the six other spiritual laws of success. Click here for a summary of all seven, and I strongly suggest reading the whole book.

But how is this possible? Okay, now we’re getting into quantum physics a bit, but let me try to explain. The law is based on the fact that energy and information exists everywhere in nature; a flower, a rainbow, a tree, and the human body – when broken down into its components – are all energy and information. The whole Universe is filled with interrelated energy and information. The only difference in the energy and information between humans and a tree or a flower is the content within our respective bodies. We can change the content of the energy and information of our bodies at the atomic level, and then it influences our external bodies, our environment and our world. The quality of the intention will cause things to manifest because it is linked to the energy and information in the entire Universe.

This is worth repeating: You can change your life for the better if you have the intention to do so, and the whole Universe will conspire to help you out as long as it is for the benefit of the entire world.

I chose to change bad habits with my detox, and it worked because I set a quality intention to change it. It cleared my mind, body, and spirit for greater things to enter my life. And, if you intend to detoxify your life from poisonous things, you can do so too. First choose: Do you find anything in your life to be toxic? What is it? Now set an intention to change it. You may want to detoxify from food too and/or make healthier food choices. You can also decide to clean out a cluttered closet, get rid of unhealthy relationships, or clean up your finances. (I am not a doctor or a therapist, simply a blogger who enjoys making my life better, and so I only ask that if you decide to do any detoxifying or decluttering, check with a professional in the chosen field first.)

You can change your life for the better by getting rid of whatever is holding you back. You just have to set the intention to do so, and the Universe will conspire to help you out. It works.

Here’s a list of resources that can help:
*Pema Chodron, Getting Unstuck CD
*Deepak Chopra, Seven Spiritual Laws of Success
*Natural Health, Detox you life (not the detox I did)
*Detox tips on Oprah.com:
Home
Relationships
Friendships
Email

No comments:

Post a Comment